Expo 2020 Dubai
* Expo 2020 coincides with the Emirate’s Golden Jubilee Celebration. It’ll be a wonderful way to celebrate Dubai’s 50th birthday.
* The Expo will be held on a 438-hectare site located next to the Al Maktoum International Airport near Jebel Ali. The Expo site is pretty much equidistant from Dubai and Abu Dhabi, so three airports are available to receive visitors from overseas.
* Speaking of visitors, it’s estimated that 25 million visitors will flock to the expo, some 70% of which will be coming from overseas.
* Speaking of overseas visitors again, Dubai’s hospitality industry is expected to increase the number of hotel rooms in the Emirate from 65,000 to 100,000, with older hotels making a mad dash to refurbish their accommodation.
* There’s also been a boom in mega-development projects housing tourist attractions, retail space, and residential space. The run-up to Expo 2020 is estimated to create about 277,000 new jobs with a reported investment of 25 billion dirhams in infrastructure related projects. These include plans to extend the Dubai Metro Red Line all the way to the expo site. There's also plans to add a drainage system over there, so visitors don't have to use porta-potties. ref / Credit :www.lovindubai.com